EUCAR issued a position paper outlining its priority recommendations for the content and structure of the Eighth Research Framework (FP8), to run from 2014
22nd April 2010 – today EUCAR issued a position paper outlining its priority recommendations for the content and structure of the Eighth Research Framework (FP8), to run from 2014.
This is the automotive industry’s initial contribution to debate on FP8 and is intended to initiate further discussion amongst all EU research stakeholders, aiming at an effective programme for collaborative research and a strengthened European Research Area. In particular EUCAR recommends that Mobility and Transport be included as a coherent theme within FP8, and further that a focus is retained on Road Transport and Automotive Research. The main recommendations of the paper are as follows:
- Structure the Eighth Framework Programme to include coherent research themes, in which mobility and transport is included as one of the priority themes.
- Allocate a significant level of R&D funding to the mobility and transport priority theme, recognising road transport and automotive research as a primary topic within that theme.
- Ensure consistent cooperation between the EU and Member States to enhance the effectiveness of research activities in the European Research Area.
- Embed solutions for administrative burdens in research funding into the structure of the Eighth Framework Programme.
- Continue to consult actively with industry to ensure its optimum contribution to the development and execution of Eighth Framework Programme.